This comprehensive and interactive short course in writing a successful children’s novel includes £3,500 worth of advice, knowledge and time from Imogen’s successful career in the children’s publishing industry covering:
- character goals and motivations
- the Hero’s Journey
- setting and world-building
- show vs tell
This twelve-week course includes:
- 6 x 1 hour live webinars, in which you will get the chance to ask Imogen questions and discuss your story, worth £432
- Webinars will be recorded for those who can’t make it on the night.
- 30+ short videos, in which Imogen will show you how to build your novel from the ground up, worth £230
- Twelve workbook modules of advice and exercises, based on Imogen’s many years’ experience in the children’s publishing industry and her time editing hundreds of debut writers. Equivalent to more than £3000 of her time.
- Each of Imogen’s modules is on one aspect of writing for children and is filled with:
- Writing and editing guidance on character, motivation, voice, theme, plot, setting, your target audience etc.
- Multiple weekly exercises to improve your storytelling craft
- Children’s publishing industry insights and current tips from Imogen’s discussions with publishers, editors and literary agents
- A Facebook group in which you can ask Imogen questions about the course, gain support and share your journey with your peers
Although this course is designed to allow writers to study at their own pace, we would recommend approximately 4-5 hours of study time per week.