Golden Egg Work on Your Novel runs over three, ten-week-long terms. Each term includes:
- a full-day workshop/Nest Day held on a Saturday or Sunday
- a weekly online session, hosted in the evening
- a one2one with your Golden Egg Editor, who works with you for the duration of the course
*Nest Days will include facilitated, round-table sharing of progress and goals, the chance to share and discuss an extract of your work with your peers, lunch and a talk and Q&A with an inspirational industry professional or published author. At your one2one you will discuss 10,000 words of your manuscript and/or your Golden Egg BookMap Lite©.
Term 1: How Bad is Your Villain?
How bad is your villain? How great is the peril? A look at exciting villains, peril and dramatic tension.
- Villains and protagonists in the psychiatrist’s chair
- Deepening character through understanding motivation
- Thinking about consequences – characters facing their worst fears
- What this all means for your protagonist
Term 2 – Creating a Believable World
Creating a believable world. If you don’t believe it, your readers won’t!
- Creating maps
- Research, background documents and mood boards
- The many dimensions of your story world
- Description and keeping the story moving
Term 3 – Every Novel is a Mystery Story
Planning your clues and reveals
- Effective seeding and foreshadowing
- Clues, reveals and when to make them
- The semiotics of your novel
- BookMaps© and tracking it all!
You may book a full report or a read of additional word count at your editor’s discretion at any time during the Work on Your Novel year (price on application).